This 3 on 3 cross ice game is similar to the Gretzky 3 on 3 but now the designated passers are referred to as "Bourque". The "Bourque" is now behind their own goal line and must initiate breakout passes. The nets should be placed a bit closer to the boards to allow more room for executing breakouts.
- Players must use their "Bourque" on a change of possession before making an attempt to score.
- Players may attack the other team's "Bourque" but they may not shadow them.
- There is no limit to how often a team uses their "Bourque".
- Shifts should be 30 - 40 seconds to keep a good pace and high intensity.
Key points of emphasis:
- Have the "Bourque" work on a good first pass.
- Use "false Information" (looking off the pass) to get their players open.
- Players need to skate back to support their "Bourque".
- Fill three lanes and skate to open ice.