2 v 2 Tire Pass Game With Support is a great game to start practice with, and / or to work on passing & puck support.
- Set up 4 gates inside the zone as shown in the diagram.
- Play 2 v 2 in the middle of the ice.
- Each team has 2 players (1 on each side of the ice) inside the gates.
- The players playing 2 v 2 work to pass to their teammates inside the gates.
- A completed pass to a teammate in a gate is 1 point.
- After 30 - 40 seconds coaches can blow the whistle to rotate the players on the outside, into the inside. The inside players rotate out, and players in line fill the gates.
- Play to 10!
- Offensive team: support your teammates! Get open to be an outlet, and after you pass the puck to your teammate in the gates, get to an area to support them.
- Defensive team: keep sticks on the ice to block passing lanes and angle players to the outside of the ice.