Brad Flynn shares a drill called Wheaties 2 on 1 that allows players to work on a rush 2 on 1 and a down low 2 on 1.
- Forwards and defensemen split up and lined up in the neutral zone as shown in the diagram.
- On the whistle, forwards (F1 & F2) swing wide and cut the blue line. One forward goes outside the neutral zone face-off dot and the other cuts up the middle of the ice.
- A defender surfs up and plays a proper gap and angle before pivoting.
- A forward (F3) in the opposite line hits one of the F1 or F2 forwards with a puck and they play a 2 on 1.
- After the rush, coach blows a whistle and F3 dumps a puck into the corner so F1 & F2 can play a down low 2 on 1.
- F3 and F4 cut the blue line to begin another 2 on 1.
- Drill is continuous.
- Defender: Keep stick on the ice to block passing lanes and angle players to the outside of the ice.
- Forwards: Keep head up. Player without the puck should work to get open and have their stick on the ice to show where they would like to receive the pass.