Description This is a great Power Play game from Kendall Coyne Schofield that encourages players to think and create movement in their zone as they are attacking. 12 players and 2 goalies are active in this setup that works on puck movement, creativity and goal scoring.
- 2 Nets should be set up on the goal line in an offensive zone in line with the face-off dots
- Split the zone in half from the blue line to the end of the boards (through the crease), use a marker or cones/tires
- Each half has 4 players on offense and 2 players on defense
- A goalie should be in each net
- Coach can be outside of the blue line with a pile of pucks
Objective: Play a game up to a certain number, team "X" vs team "O"
- Coach dumps 1 puck in
- Each side consists of 4 players on offense, 2 players on defense and 1 goalie
- Players cannot cross the middle of the ice onto the other side
- Players on offense (4) are trying to score
- The defenders (2) are trying to get the puck to the other side to send their team on offense
- Each goal counts towards the total score
- Coach can throw in a new puck when:
- A goal is scored
- The goalie covers a puck
- The puck goes out of play
- Create movement when attacking - We don't want the attacking players to be stationary, this is a great game to help with exchanges and to encourage movement among your players on the power play.
- Heads up - with a two player advantage, keeping your head up to identify scoring opportunities is critical
- Active sticks- with a 2 player deficit, having an active stick when defending is very important in this game
Can be modified to be 4v2, 3v2, 3v1, or 2v1.