The Redwing 2 V 3 or 2 V 4 from Coach TJ Manastersky is a special teams game that can work on the penalty kill forecheck and power play breakout concepts.
- Place one net on the far blue line.
- Have 3 or 4 Power Play Players in the neutral zone.
- Have 2 Penalty Kill forecheckers behind the net on the far blue line.
- The drill is started with the coach dumping the puck down to the other end of the ice.
- The all Power Play Players must enter their defensive zone and they attempt to break the puck out and score a goal.
- The Penalty Kill players practice an aggressive Penalty Kill forecheck.
- On the whistle, a new group of players jumps on the ice.
- Penalty Kill Forecheck should keep speed, attack the puck early.
- The second Penalty Kill forward should try to take away passing lanes in the middle of the ice.