The Regroup Game requires teams to regroup behind their own goal before they can attack. This setup allows teams to practice regroup habits & skills.
- Play 3 V 3 cross ice, but before a team can attack, they must regroup and bring the puck behind their own goal.
- As a progression, coaches can add a line down the middle to make sure players practice being onside as well.
- Support your teammates by working hard to be outlets for them.
- Keep your stick on the ice to provide your teammate a passing target.
- Keep your stick on the ice to angle players and block passing lanes.
- Keep your head up and communicate with your teammates to ensure that all players are being covered.