Red Wing 2 V 1 With Backchecker from TJ Manastersky, the Head Coach of Brock University, is a drill that practices 2 v 1 rushes with pressure from a backchecker.
- 2 offensive players line up on the hashmarks. The defender is at the top of the circle, and the backchecker is at the bottom of the circle.
- On the whistle, both sides start a 2 v 1 with a backchecker.
- Stay on your side of the ice until center ice red line.
- Drill is continuous.
- Defense: D and backchecking forward need to communicate.
- Forwards: Get up ice quickly and look at opportunity to shoot quick after a pass.