Snap shots are generally more effective than wrist shots becuase they are quicker and can catch goalies by surprise.
Here are some key to a good snap shot:
- use the natural flex of the stick to generate power by driving the heel of the blade into ice a couple inches behind the puck.
- use a good weight transfer from back foot to front foot or load weight onto front foot (see video).
- top hand pulls hard towards body.
- bottom hand follows through towards target.
- stick should remain low and close to the ice.