1 on 1 Tips for Defenders
Coaching Points for a 1 on 1 (Defensively)
- On a rush the defense as to try and match the speed of the attacker.
- In defensive zone you have to take a good angle and try to dictate where you want the opponent to go.
- Make sure stick is on the ice with entire blade on the ice if possible.
- Use short stabs and not a sweeping motion to acheive stick on puck.
- Always face player and never turn back on opponent.
- Keep stability and never lunge at the opponent.
- Keep your eyes focused on the chest, not the puck.
- Try to go blade on blade while finishing with your body.