A bracket turn is a transition turn where you go forwards, backwards briefly, and then forwards going the opposite direction. Let's break it down into 3 steps:
- Come in to start the turn with a wide base and basically do a two foot side stop.
- Roll into a couple of backwards cross-overs (push pull).
- Open up the hips and accelerate using your forward stride in the other direction.
- Try to maintain your speed through the turn with your backwards cross-overs.
- Control the stick and upper body.
- Keep the head as level as possible, try to stay away from bobbing up and down.