This is a possession game with 4 players on each team that can be set up in any of the zones. The goals is to pass to your teammates in the "cones" to get points.
- Mark out 4 squares as shown in the diagram. Each square will have a player from one of the teams and the player is not allowed to leave that square. The two other players from each team will play 2 vs 2.
- Every time they make a pass to their teammate inside their square they will get a point. The pass must be received cleanly inside the square. A team can maintain possession for as long as they want and collect as many points as they want until the other team intercepts or takes the puck away.
- A coach should be stationed just outside the zone with pucks. Anytime a puck goes outside the zone the puck will play a new puck into space so players can battle for a loose puck.
- After 30-60 seconds the coach blows a whistle and the players that were in the game can rotate out of the playing area, or can switch with the players who are in the cones.
- Head Up! Encourage players to play with their head up so they can look out for their teammate and other scoring options.
- Protect the Puck: Protect the puck before you have time & space to make a good pass.
- Communicate: Practice verbal and non-verbal communication with your teammates.
- This can be played in different areas of the ice.
- Coaches can add obstacles into the ice to force the players to pass around & over.
- Can be set up to be 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 game.
- Add a goalie! After a certain # of passes, or a point, a team can shoot on net.