The 3 vs. 3 Handball Game from Topher Scott of The Hockey Think Tank is a fun game that reinforces offensive principles. Teams will have to communicate and perform lots of give & go's to be successful. No sticks and no pucks. Use any type of ball: soccer ball, basketball, football or anything else (even an extra glove can work)!
- 2 nets and two teams.
- Can only have the ball for 2 seconds (for younger teams or less skilled players you can increase that time). You must get rid of the ball quick (give & go!)
- If a player has the ball for longer than 2 seconds, the coach blows the whistle and there is a change of possession.
- If the ball falls to the ice, it is a change of possession.
- 15 - 30 second shifts. Encourage players watching to cheer their teammates on.
- Give and go's!
- Support the ball by being an outlet for your teammate.
- Get open!
- Can be 2v2, 3v3, 4v4.
- Can be set up as a station or a half-ice game.
- Can add goalies (even players as goalies).
- Can let players hold on to the ball longer than 2 seconds.