This is a great warm up activity for the younger players (U12 and younger). Depending on the amount of players you can set the bouldaries for this game to be played in half ice, inside the blue line at one end, or in the neutral zone. This game will help players develop awareness while maintaining control of the puck. It will require them to have their head up and find players that are "frozen".
In this game every player will have a puck. The coach will define a boundary based on the amount of players in the game. At the start of the game you must identify 3 players or coaches to be “IT”.
How to play
- On the whistle the players will skate within the boundary while controlling the puck.
- The players (or coaches) that are “IT” try to tag as many players as they can by touching them.
- When a player is touched they must stand with one hand on their stick, feet apart, and the other hand up in the air like they are raising their hand.
- In order to get back in the game another player must attack their triangle by stickhandling through their legs or the space between their feet and stick.
- Play for about 3 minutes or until all of the players have been tagged and are standing still.
Use full ice or divide players into three groups right away and have each group play in their starting stattion.