Quick Blast Offensive Zone Face Off
RW and LW start on weak sides. RW starts in LD position. LD is on the hashmarks.
Faceoff won to the LW, quick pass to the RW, for a one timer.
RW then goes to the net, switching with LD to get back to normal offensive and defensive positions.
RW must be prepared to play defense, on a shot block, or blocked pass, from LW.
LW should read the play, to make sure the pass to RW is there. Pass should be quick andon the taoe.
C needs to stay with opposing C, not allowing a pass break up, then crashing the net, on the shot.
This play could also work by using a right handed D, for the shot, and keeping wings in traditional position. The wings should still play on the weak side, so that a left handed winger is making the initial pass.
Membership gives you access to:
- Over 550 Animated Drills & Systems
- Denis Savard Coaching Videos
- Use Drill Lists to Organize Content
- Create Your Own Practices
- Share Practice Plans, Drills, and Systems
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- Print PDF's of Drills, Systems, and Practices
- Expert Coaching Advice
- Pre-Planned Practices by Age Level
- Motivational Techniques