Offensive Zone Face-Off Wide D Play
Already a Member? Log into your account
Use occasionally. Opposing team will pick up on, and defend, if overused.
Wide defenseman (LD in the video above), needs to get as wide as possible, to the boards is possible.
C and LW must execute their roles, drawing coverage with them.
RW swings high, just inside the blue line, in the middle of the ice, then cuts down the slot, looking for a pass from LD.
When puck is moved from RD to LD, the LD needs to read the play to mkae sure the RW is open, in the slot. If not, a shot on net is the option.
Membership gives you access to:
- Over 550 Animated Drills & Systems
- Denis Savard Coaching Videos
- Use Drill Lists to Organize Content
- Create Your Own Practices
- Share Practice Plans, Drills, and Systems
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- Print PDF's of Drills, Systems, and Practices
- Expert Coaching Advice
- Pre-Planned Practices by Age Level
- Motivational Techniques