In this option the puck is pushed up ice along the wall just like option #1. Again, the puck carrier cuts to the middle and makes a drop pass to the center forward. This time the forward who made the drop pass stays in the high slot and gets a return pass.
3 on 2 Zone Entry - Overlap #2
Already a Member? Log into your account
zone entry option
Forward Zone Entry aside from Driving wide, dump and chase.
Right winger must drive wide to boards then cut across the top of the circles. Player in middle comes over top of the winger in case of turnover to ensure he is on the defensive side of the puck.
This is must be a backwards pass not a leave or drop pass. player that makes the pass becomes the high guy.
Far player must drive net with stick on the ice for tip in. Ensure he stops 2-3 feet from net for rebound.
Work hard with speed
Following after 3 on 2 Zone entry #1
Membership gives you access to:
- Over 550 Animated Drills & Systems
- Denis Savard Coaching Videos
- Use Drill Lists to Organize Content
- Create Your Own Practices
- Share Practice Plans, Drills, and Systems
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- Print PDF's of Drills, Systems, and Practices
- Expert Coaching Advice
- Pre-Planned Practices by Age Level
- Motivational Techniques