The Wise Drill from Coach TJ Manastersky is designed to work on offensive concepts, such as neutral zone transition, offensive zone entries, and offensive zone attack.
- Starts with pucks in all 4 corners.
- Forwards are in opposite corners and defenders are on opposite blue lines.
- Both sides go at the same time.
- On the whistle, the defenders step out at the blue line and begins skating backwards.
- F1 jumps out with a puck and exchanges passes with the defender on their side.
- F2 in the opposite corner, jumps out and times his skate to receive a flat pass from the defender at full speed.
- This creates a 3 on 0 zone entry (two forwards & 1 defender). Coaches can work on different zone entry techniques.
- After a shot is made, one forward stays in front of the net, while another forward picks a puck up in the corner, and the defender gets to the point. Coaches can work on different offensive zone concepts here