The Nobles 2 v 2 + 2 Teammates Transition game is a fun variation of the normal Nobles 2 v 2 Transition game, but allows for more passing since it is a 4 V 2 Game.
- Inside the zone, start a 2 v 2 game.
- Whoever wins the puck battle, and passes the puck to their teammates along the boards will be on offense.
- The pass to the players along the boards beings the 4 V 2.
- The offensive team is trying to score, and the defending team is trying to gain puck possession.
- If the defending team gets the puck and they pass to their teammates along the boards, they will be transition to offense.
- The game is continuous, the offensive team is trying to score, while the defending team is trying to get the puck to their teammates on the boards.
- Offensive Players:
- Practice quick transitions
- Get to the net
- Utilize switches and exchanges with your teammates
- Practice quick release catch and release shots
- Use deception and cutbacks to create time and space
- Defensive Players:
- Keep puck to the outside, do not chase the puck
- Keep stick on the ice to block passing and shooting lanes
- Transition the puck quickly to your teammates on the boards when you gain possession
- Can have 1 support player along the boards instead of 2. This would make the game 3 v 2 instead of 4 v 2.
- Can play Nobles 2 v 2 Transition Game which keeps the transition element but the game is only a 2 v 2.