The 32 Get Back drill from Jason Lammers practices tracking back to lift an opponents stick, regrouping, and attacking.
- 2 defenders are at the blue line.
- 3 forwards start at the goal line.
- On the whistle, a forward carries the puck up the boards, while the 2 others track back to lift his stick, steal the puck, and pass it back to their defenseman to regroup and go down on a 3 v 0 rush.
- On a second whistle, the coach throws another puck out to the neutral zone and all 5 players (the 2 defenders and 3 forwards) all track back to the neutral zone, to get the puck, regroup and attack 3 on 0 again.
- Coaches can build up this drill to add in defenseman so the drill can practice 3 v 1 or 3 v 2 rushes.
- Players should track back and lift the stick and quickly get the puck to their defenders.
- Players should keep their head up and regroup to give their defenders passing options
- Forwards should work to get the puck to the center of the offensive zone before taking a shot
- Coaches can add in defenders to play the rush. Therefore the rush can be 3 v 0 (as shown in the video) or 3 v 1, or 3 v 2.