The Blue Line Shuffles drill from NewEdge Hockey helps defenseman work on moving laterally on the blue line.
- Set up 4 groups of 2 pucks (as pictured in the diagram) a couple of feet inside of the blue line.
- Progression # 1: players skate laterally across the blueline.
- Progression # 2: players skate laterally across the blueline with a partner so they can pass the puck back and forth.
- Progression # 3: players skate laterally across the blueline and take a shot when going around the last set of pucks.
- Keep toecaps and chest in zone.
- Practice moving your feet outside of the blue line yet keep the puck on-sides.
- As you shuffle across the blue line and manage the puck, be sure to get your eyes up from time to time.