This quick paced small area game from Kendall Coyne Schofield gets a lot of players moving and is great to work on goal scoring when there is back pressure.
- Set up 2 nets on the half wall in one of the zones
- A goalie is defending each net
- Team "X" and Team "O" should be lined up on the blue line on one side
- Make sure there is at least a 10 ft space between the teams on the blue line
- There should be pucks lined up for each team near the center of the blue line
Play up to a certain amount of goals, team "X" vs team "O"
- On the whistle, player 1 from team O skates in on a mini breakaway
- Player 1 from team X leaves on the same whistle to apply back pressure on the player from team O
- On the second whistle player 2 from team X skates in on a mini breakaway while player 2 from team O applies the back pressure
- On that same second whistle, player 1 from both team X and team O join the rush to make it a 2 v 2
- On the third whistle player 3 from team O skates in on a mini breakaway while player 3 from team X applies the back pressure
- On that same third whistle, players 1 and 2 from both teams join the rush to make it a 3 v 3
- Coach can blow the whistle whenever they see fit
- Make sure the team who starts with the puck switches after every rep to keep it fair
- Keep score!
- Scoring Under Pressure - players need to control the puck and get to the net and shoot quickly
- Escaping Pressure - when your teammates join the rush you can make the decision to escape pressure and find the players joining the rush
- Applying Pressure - working hard to apply pressure to your opponents trying to score