The center needs to win the face off back to the Defense (in this case LD). RW and C both have to block out and prevent the opponents from getting quick pressure on LD. Once the face off is won, LW sprints to the slot and opens up to receive a one-timer from LD.
One Timer to Winger
Already a Member? Log into your account
LW needs to move quickly to slot.
C and RW need to hold off opposing players, to give time for play to develop.
LW should get off a quick shot.
LD needs to read the play, to be sure the passing lane is open. Do not force. Put a shot on net, if the pass is not there.
Ran this same play for 16U travel, 18U travel, and High School Varsity. Scored numerous times of this play, sometimes on the one-timer, sometimes on the rebound. This play is a definate winner. We call it "The Flop"
Membership gives you access to:
- Over 550 Animated Drills & Systems
- Denis Savard Coaching Videos
- Use Drill Lists to Organize Content
- Create Your Own Practices
- Share Practice Plans, Drills, and Systems
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- Print PDF's of Drills, Systems, and Practices
- Expert Coaching Advice
- Pre-Planned Practices by Age Level
- Motivational Techniques