The 2 Pucks 2 v 2 Circle Game from Kendall Coyne Schofield is a great battle game that requires a high level of compete and quick decisions in an extremely constrained space.
- 2 nets lined up on across from each other on the outside of a face off circle (doesn't have to be center ice)
- 1 goalie in each net
- 2 pucks laying in the center of the circle before the drill starts
- 2 "X"'s and 2 "O"'s lined up on the outside of the circle
Play up to a certain number of goals, team "X" vs team "O"
- On the whistle all 4 players enter the circle to battle for the 2 pucks
- Players can score on either net at anytime
- As soon as a puck exits the circle that puck is dead
- If one goal is scored, play out the other puck until a goal is scored or it exits the circle
- As soon as the game is over, set up 2 more pucks in the middle and the next players go on the whistle
- Keep score!
- Puck Protection - this game is played in such a small space, puck protection and using your body to protect the puck is crucial
- Communication - you and your teammate need to be on the same page and communicate from the whistle until the game is over
- Quick touches - playing in such a confined space requires quick touches for passing and a quick release when shooting