Jump To Space & Shoot Off The Pass! A great exercise to work on give & go's while quickly shooting off of a pass! Players can work on one-timers, one-touch, & shooting in stride from all corners of ice. This video combines the Shoot Off The Pass Corners and the Shoot Off The Pass Point drills into one progression that allows players to practice jumping to space and shooting quickly in all areas of the offensive zone. Shooting off of a pass and shooting quickly is a great way to increase your scoring chances because it catches the goalie and other team by surprise.
- Start at one corner of the ice and rotate around each point and corner.
- Players: After you take a shot, jump to become the next passer inline.
- Coaches: You can add additional obstacles for players to pass around or over. You can make this setup as simple or as complex as you want.
- Communicate! Call for the puck (verbal communication) and keep your stick on the ice where you want to receive the pass (non-verbal communication).
- Give & Go: Practice give and go's! Pass the puck and move! This is a great skill to learn for games.
- Shoot Quickly! Use a one-touch or two-touch shot to quickly get a puck on net.