This neutral zone puck race allows players to work on
- backwards starts
- backwards skating
- backwards to forwards transition
- forwards skating
Please refer to the diagram for the setup of the cones/tires. Two lines of players are split up into two equal lines starting at the face-off dot. The coach has the pucks at the red line along the far long wall.
- players start backwards and skate backwards to the far inside tire
- transition forwards to the near tire
- transition backwards and skate backwards to the far tire
- transition fowards
- race for the puck played into space by the coach
Credit: Diagram and animation produced using Hockey Coach Vision.