This is a half ice hockey drill that is ideal when working with a few players. It is not great when you have lots of players becuase it results in a lot of standing around. There are six passes involved with each repetition before the shot. The drill includes a lot of good fundaments that include:
- one-touch passing
- handling the puck backwards
- creating passing angles
- receiving and shooting from high in the zone
- Keep feet moving (even when you shoot)!
- Give a target to receive a pass.
- Work on one-touch passing.
- The player in the corner should open up when making the "breakout pass." Don't just fire it straight up the boards.
- Call for the puck!