3 Shot Off The Wall from Rob Sedia of NewEdge Hockey helps players practice coming off of the wall, and taking quick shots.
- Players line up along the boards at the hash marks.
- A coach or player is in the slot with pucks.
- On the whistle, the first player takes a puck, skates off of the wall, and fires a quick shot around the face-off circle.
- After the shot, the coach can pass or leave a puck to be picked up, the player passes back for a give & go, and looks to take another quick shot or one-timer.
- After the second shot, the player immediately drives hard to the net, gets another pass, and fires a 3rd shot on net.
- After the 3rd shot, the player opens up to face coach (never turn your back on the puck), gets a pass, and then passes it to the next player in line. The drill is continuous.
- Communicate and call for the puck!
- Keep stick on the ice to give the passer a target.
- Practice quick release shots.