The 3 Regroup 3 vs. 2 Drill from Topher Scott is an excellent drill that helps a team practice their passing, timing and regroups by regrouping 3 times before the drill finishes with a 3 vs. 2
- On the whistle, the forwards pass the puck to the Defensemen in Zone # 1.
- They regroup and swing up ice and receive a pass back from the Defensemen in Zone # 1.
- The forwards then pass to the Defensemen in Zone # 2 and swing to begin a second regroup.
- The forwards get a puck back from the Defensemen in Zone # 2 and begin a 3rd regroup with the Defensemen in Zone # 1.
- The forwards get the puck back from the Defensemen in Zone # 1 and begin a 3 vs. 2 against the Defensemen in Zone # 2.
- Keep score if you have two colored teams!
- Forwards should be mindful of timing and not getting to far ahead of the play.
- Forwards should communicate and watch each other so they can fill open lanes and spread out.
- The defense should have their head up and look up ice as they are getting ready to move the puck.
- Can do 2 regroups instead of 3.
- Coaches can set this up to be a Double Regroup 2 on 1 (view the Buffalo Sabres do this drill here).