The 2v2 Any Net game from Kendall Coyne Schofield is a great small area game with a unique setup that requires an extra level of awareness. This game hits on all of Kendall's small area game themes including; moving, thinking, working, creativity, decision making and fun.
- Setup 2 nets, 1 in the normal crease and the other straight ahead of it past the circles (facing the center of the ice)
- 2 v 2 in the middle of the ice
- 3 stationary support players (or coaches), 1 at the center of the blue line and 2 along the boards at the hash marks
- Players not in the game line up along the blue line to keep the puck in
- 1 puck in play
- To start, coach can pass a puck or chip it in to start a battle
- In order to go on offense a team must pass the puck to any of the 3 support players/coaches
- The support player or coach will pass back to the team who passed them the puck to activate them on offense
- Offensive team can score on either net
- Defensive team needs to force a takeaway and pass to a support player/coach before they can activate to offense
- Coach can change players on a whistle after 30 to 40 seconds
- Coach can throw in a new puck when:
- The goalie covers the puck
- The puck goes out of play
- A goal is scored
- Keep score!
- Stay alert - this setup requires the players in the 2 v 2 to be on high alert of their surroundings. Head should constantly be on a swivel when defending.
- Jump to open space - after passing to your support player/coach you need to work to find open space to receive the puck back in scoring position
- Communication - there is a lot of strategy that can go into this game, talk with your teammates before, during and after each shift to develop a strategy that works with your skill sets